It should probably also be known as the “Gustav ate my wallet” release. If you don’t know, WP Super Edit is a WordPress plugin designed to manage and add features to the TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor used by WordPress.
This is a complete rewrite of WP Super Edit for WordPress 2.6 or higher that I have been working on for months! It has been tested using WordPress 2.6 and 2.7 on PHP4 and PHP5 installations. I won’t go into too much detail about this release here. If you what to know more, please visit the WP Super Edit Project where you will find more information and detailed documentation.
New features for this release include:
- Different modes for editor settings; One editor setting for all users, role based editor settings, and individual user editor settings.
- Upgraded plugins for the 3.x version of TinyMCE.
- Complete rewrite of WP Super Edit for stability and usability. All settings are now stored in the database, but most of the features of the original plugin remain.
Please leave comments here about issues or kudos for this version of WP Super Edit. If you want help out in other ways, please consider making a donation or other contribution. I did not suffer major damage from hurricanes Gustav and Ike so far, but evacuation costs and minor damages have put a major delay in my need to replace my aging Powerbook G4.
Most of all, have fun! :P
Update! – WP Super Edit 2.0.3 It’s been a really bumpy update! Some silly issues with roles and individual user settings fixed! Updates to fix javascipt errors with superemotions and superclass plugins.
Update! – WP Super Edit 2.0.4 Just trying to catch the changes as they happen for WordPress 2.7. Some proper methods to add the option pages. Killed the nag notice for user editor options and renamed per-user options menu and title to Visual Editor Options.
Update! – WP Super Edit 2.0.5 Another update for WordPress 2.7. I also made some minor changes to make WP Super Edit fail a little nicer if there are problems.
Update! – WP Super Edit 2.0.6 Joy! Removed extra line endings in php files. Possible issue noted by George Coghill.