These are procedures and notes to download source code and database content for development use on a local workstation server. The goal is create a mirror of the Drupal based website for local development and testing.
You should have a local or alternate development system ready. This systems will require a web server running PHP and a database compatible with MySQL. Typically this system should be similar to the system hosting the server you wish to make a copy of for development purposes.
Other tools used on the local system include:
- PHP-Composer – installed globally
- Node / npm – installed globally
- Drush – installed globally
- Git – installed globally
- Export configuration sync package from remote server.
A. Visit Configurations > Configuration Synchronization.
B. Visit Export tab.
C. Download Export file and keep for local set up.
- Download Git Repo
- Perform composer update:
composer update drupal/core-recommended –with-dependencies
- Download Drupal Database
- Install Database for git website. May require your own settings.php file in /sites/default
- !!! – Website should load at this point.
- !!! Deactivate secure login to stop https redirects:
drush pm-uninstall securelogin
- Log in.
- Visit Configurations > Configuration Synchronization. There may be an error for a missing directory. Make sure you create that missing directory path.
- Visit Import tab.
- Upload file saved in step #1 > C.
- Follow upload with “Install All” on Synchronize Import screen.
- It’s always a good idea to clear the Drupal Cache: Either with Drush if working:
or by visiting options under Configuration > Performance.
- They may be fine, but you may also check database updates with Drush: