This was a multimedia project completed for the student art exhibit at Louisiana Tech. This was completed using Director and ran a simple slideshow with music that displayed selected graphic design student work. The purpose of the project was to display the work of students who had taken their design portfolios to the Dallas Society of Visual Communicators portfolio review.
This was another project where I worked on the final production. The original book design was by Jennifer Anderson and I was asked to set up the final files for print. There were a couple of special pages using velum and spot colors that required some special production work.
Southern Voices was a publication highlighting a collection of entries into an annual writing competition for the Cedar Creek School in Ruston, Louisiana.
This was a fictional company campaign completed for an interdependent study course. The fictional company was an on call support center specifically to help members of graphic design industry deal with production related problems. The student project was geared toward the creation of the logo and the creation of two digital illustration pieces. I’m still not happy with the final layout choices in the magazine ads.
This was an entry into an poster contest for promoting art scholarships to the Louisiana Tech School of Art. The design called for a pretty complicated two color print that was ruled two expensive. I didn’t win the competition, but pushing the limits of two color print work was very interesting.
This was a quick logo done for a collective group of Ruston, Louisiana based musicians. It was just a very quick logo to help them promote their gigs as a collective group comprised of two normally separate bands. This was completed sometime in 1994 while I was still enrolled at Louisiana Tech.
Inspiration was the center label for classic blues vinyl records. This is the color version. The logo was mostly used in black and white for fliers.
Part demented self-portrait and experiment in airbrush illustration while a student at Louisiana Tech. The final execution was rushed and pretty terrible. The great thing was that the concepts used in airbrush illustration have stuck with me, so I’m glad I tried.
Wild Times was a student project to create a logo and print advertising pieces for a fictional eco-tourism company. The logo originated as inked brushstrokes. The final project called for one logo, three black & white newspaper advertisements, and two four color magazine ads.