Hackneyed notes for Day 1 at WordCamp NOLA. Focus on social networking, New Orleans focused blogging and media, audience participation and discussion. I might do some clean up later.
Presentation 1: Sloane Berrent –Understanding Your Audience Using Community Driven Tools
- Regular features – like some weekly topics. Music Mondays, Steals and deals thursdays.
- ToMobile – video
Presentation 2: Brian Oberkirch – Going Social with WordPress
- New York Times People
- get glue
- diso project – social network integration – wordpress
Panel 1: David Link, Ron Domingue, Matt Thomas – The Future of WordPress Design
Tiffany Starnes-FabreSmithCoco, Damien Lamanna-Morgan & Co., Tom Martin-Zehnder Communications, Robbie Vitrano-Trumpet, Chris Schultz-Moderator
- Engagement – protocol with commentors. Engagement is going to happen by readers with or without you. Accept comment negativity, know about it. Failure happens.
- Engagement – Also note comment self-policing can come from your audience.
Keynote: Ben Huh – Keynote: I Can Haz A Cheezburger
Panel 2: Blake Haney-HumidBeings, Greg Larose-City Business, Anthony Patton-NewOrleansBlack, Kevin Allman-The Gambit, Karen Gadbois-SquanderedHeritage.com, Chris Schultz-Moderator
Justin Shields – How to Connect with Gen Y
- Very cool, done nicely. Mr Rogers LOL. Those gaps in the generations are like playing 2600 Pit Fall.
Ben Reece – Creativity Above All
- http://fiftypeopleonequestion.com/ –